- Assuming responsibility for preventive health, appropriate heath assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation, management, and referral procedures for students;
- Initiating emergency procedures for students and staff as needed;
- Administering daily and PRN medications (as needed) and nursing care procedures prescribed by the students physicians;
- Providing nursing care and physical screening to students; assessing students and implementing first aid measures as needed;
- Treating and referring all boarders with acute or chronic conditions and injuries as governed by the SA Nursing Council;
- Managing medical aid administration for students with our chosen service provider;
- Attending health team and any other related meetings; and
- Performing related work as required.
Key Performance Areas:
- Be a registered professional nurse registered with SANC and have a valid dispensing licence;
- Care for the medical needs of boarders and day scholars;
- Control and manage all first aid equipment and stock;
- Work closely with the boarding staff on a daily basis;
- Arranging and overseeing medical support for sports fixtures;
- Need to work with adolescent pupils;
- Be compassionate and have exceptional people skills;
- Be able to liaise and communicate with parents, administrative and academic staff;
- Be computer literate;
- Have a drivers licence and own vehicle with a valid PDP;
- Be expected to live in accommodation on campus;
Bachelors Degree / Diploma in General Nursing, Level 1 First Aid Certificate and valid dispensing license. Valid RN (Registered Nurse) registration with the South African Nursing Council.
Minimum of 2 - 5 years in the same or similar type of position in a similar environment. Primary health care experience will be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues, students and parents and ability to build relationships;
- Passion for working with young people
- Energetic, self-motivated and able to use own initiative;
- Good organisational and administrative skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Computer literate;
- Valid drivers license;
- Be a team player;
- Availability on short notice for emergencies.