Reporting To: The Principal.
Key Performance Areas:
- To be responsible for all duties as required of Southdowns Preparatory Educator.
- Incorporate the school's values into daily teaching
- The successful applicant will be required to participate fully in the extra-mural programme at all levels.
Minimum requirement is a recognised Degree and/or a 4-year post-matric Teaching Qualification.
Minimum 2 years teaching experience in the same or similar type of position in a similar environment
- An appropriate qualification and teaching experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues, learners and parents;
- Members of staff are expected to support the ethos of the school.
- Energetic, self-motivated and able to use own initiative;
- Good organisational and administrative skills;
- Good understanding of children
- An open and creative outlook to education;
- Excellent communication skills with parents, staff and learners and a willingness to engage with learners and their parents on a level to help children in the best way possible
- Able to work under pressure and adapt to a changing educational environment
- Computer Literacy is imperative;
- Sound knoeledge of various media software admin programmes;
- Work as part of a team where relationships with other role players are very important
- SACE registration