Reporting to: The Principal
Key Performance Areas:
- To be responsible for all duties as required of a Southdowns College Teacher;
- Lead a classroom first by example of conduct and then by instructing learners through teaching excellently;
- Incorporate the school's values into daily teaching;
- The successful applicant will be required to participate fully in the extra-mural programme at all levels.
Qualifications: Minimum requirement is a recognised Degree and/or a 4-year post-matric Teaching Qualification.
Experience: Minimum 4 years teaching experience in the same or similar type of position in a similar environment.
- An appropriate qualification and teaching experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues, learners and parents;
- Energetic, self-motivated and able to use own initiative;
- Good organisational and administrative skills;
- Good understanding of children;
- An open and creative outlook to education;
- Excellent communication skills with parents, staff and learners and a willingness to engage with learners and their parents on a level to help children in the best way possible;
- Able to work under pressure and adapt to a changing educational environment;
- Computer Literacy is imperative;
- Work as part of a team where relationships with other role players are very important;
- SACE registration.